Infrastructure & Value
Since 2001, EIS has been providing resilient, sophisticated infrastructure solutions to Top 100 companies in Mauritius and the region, based on state-of-the-art technologies. To keep pace with evolving technology trends, our infrastructure architects and engineers follow continuous and rigorous professional training and maintain our various Business Partner certifications. We work towards designing cost effective and value added infrastructure solutions for our customers on the basis of best of breed products and solutions.
Our portfolio of solutions includes the following:
- Hardware, Blades, Virtualization Solutions and Professional Services
- Networking and Security solutions
- Document Management and other collaborative solutions
- Mobile Solutions
Hardware, Blades, Virtualization Solutions and Professional Services
EIS is a certified HP Business Partner, HP Authorized Service Delivery Partner, IBM Business Partner, VMware Authorized Solution Provider, Microsoft Gold Partner, focused on providing consulting and value added implementation and support services for HP and other high-end Infrastructure solutions. Our Account Managers and Support Engineers are certified and possess the following expertise:
- HP Storageworks and Disk Arrays (MSA, EVA)
- HP BladeSystem Blade Servers
- HP Proliant Servers
- Mission Critical Solutions using HP UX
- Backup software: HP Data Protector
- Replication: HP Storage Mirroring
- IBM System x Servers
- IBM BladeCenter Solutions
- IBM Disk, Tape, Storage Area Network and Network Attached Storage Solutions
In addition to high-end HP, IBM and DELL servers, EIS commercializes workstations, PCs, as well as a complete range of commonly used peripherals such as printers, plotters, scanners and office automation tools.
Operators of data centers are under constant pressure to lower their operational costs, improve efficiencies whilst facing the challenges of ever changing business priorities and models. The recent introduction of the blade server technology allows data centers nowadays to address those challenges through the delivery of increased processing power at lesser costs. Moreover, the blade technology enables enhanced infrastructure flexibility and scalability whilst ensuring a simplified and quick deployment.
Through this technology, our customers significantly benefit from decreased hosting space for equivalent processing capability, significantly less cooling requirements and power consumption, higher reliability, increased scalability and economies of scale. The blade server model also promotes thin-client computing which facilitates IT administration.
In May 2009, VMware commissioned Forrester Consulting to evaluate the business value of x86 server virtualization. Forrester interviewed C-level individuals of 29 large enterprises about the rationale for investing into virtualization and the specific ways it has improved their IT efficiency and flexibility. Amongst the key findings, Forrester reported that:
- Enhanced efficiency: Notwithstanding hardware savings derived from consolidation, virtualization optimizes infrastructure costs and increases operational efficiency. Moreover those organizations were able to reclaim capacity (space, power, and cooling) in their data centers hence postponing costly expansion plans
- Faster time-to-market: Virtualization accelerates server and application deployment processes by simplifying development and test cycles
- IT services become more predictable: There will always be failures and downtime but virtualization allows recovery to be faster, easier and at a lower cost
Organizations are nowadays required to implement resilient and increasingly complex ICT infrastructure to maintain their competitive advantage. Outsourcing your internal IT capability to EIS will provide you with the following benefits:
- Access to a wide spectrum of skills and competencies with guaranteed service levels
- Access to our R&D capability whose mission is to keep abreast, analyze and advise our clients on the latest technologies that can make a difference in their businesses
- Focus on your core activities whilst relying on a professional team for the day-to-day operation of your IT environment
We provide the following professional services:
Technical Support can be provided in many ways:
Dedicated and full-time on-site technical support
On-demand technical support
Technical support for a committed number of hours during the year
Remote infrastructure management services or
Any combination of the above.
The flexibility we provide ensures that our customers enjoy a cost-effective model whilst having access to a pool of technology specialists.
Maintenance with Service Level Agreement
Some organizations are dependent on IT as a mission-critical enabler. EIS provides customized maintenance solutions with guaranteed service levels (through contractual SLAs). Our customer-base can benefit from the following options:
Service Coverage: provision of parts only, or labor only, or parts and labor
Time coverage : 5 days a week or 24/7
Severity and Response Time: 2hours, 4 hours or Next Business Day.
- How do I optimize the performance of my existing IT infrastructure? Is there opportunity for server or back up consolidation?
- How do I design a new infrastructure that would best support my new business model?
- What about security, risk management and business continuity imperatives?
- Which targeted architecture for a seamlessly integrated environment?
- Am I making the most of my IT investments? How do I reduce my operating costs?
- How do I leverage on technology as a strategic business enabler?
Networking and Security Solutions
Cabling and Local Area Network (LAN)
Our Cabling and Networking capability specializes in the design and installation of structured cabling systems, providing copper and fiber cabling and connectivity modules required to connect voice and data across various networks. We also offer wireless access points, firewall security devices, card access and CCTV installation services.
Our dedicated team of certified and experienced professionals has developed expertise in vertical and horizontal connectivity projects as well as in all aspects of network topologies and LAN solutions such as: CAT 5, CAT 6 and Fiber Optic network design incorporating important aspects such as cross talk, bandwidth consideration, cable conformance and calculation of transmission error rates.
Wide Area Network (WAN), Wireless WAN and Security
Thanks to a strong expertise acquired since 2003 with the setting up and maintenance of a large-scale Wireless WAN with a coverage of 99.9% uptime, free band radio connection and bandwidth connection up to 6Mbps, our Wide Area Network team confidently designs, implements and maintains state of the art Wireless networks. As a privately owned WAN, the connection costs are much more competitive as compared to WAN connections provided by other ISPs on the domestic market. Wireless networks maintained by EIS do not rely on any other service provider for day to day management thus ensuring minimal Mean Time To Recovery (MTTR).
In addition, our team masters contemporary security practices which include the setting-up, configuration and maintenance of market leading brands:
- Checkpoint firewalls - NGX enterprise security software platform
- Cisco Routers and Adaptive Security Appliances
- Juniper networks
- Zyxel firewalls
Document Management and Collaborative Solutions
EIS is an IBM VAP Partner, Microsoft Gold Partner, Avanteam Gold Partner and ZeDOC Business Partner, offering collaborative solutions and services based on Microsoft and IBM Lotus platforms. Those solutions include messaging systems, calendaring, resource booking, instant messaging, intranet and electronic archiving with powerful full-text search engines.
We also provide user-friendly Web-based Document management and Workflow solutions that maximize business efficiency and effectiveness. Such solutions are not industry specific and can therefore be applied to any type of organization.
- Workflow based document processing
- Customized workflows which map the processes of the organization thus ensuring compliance with policies and procedures adopted by the organization
- Reminders are programmed to alert employees who fail to perform their duties according to specific deadlines or informing them on forthcoming deadlines
- Automatic escalation of documents to higher hierarchical level, whenever applicable, so that the document processing continues to its next phase without any bottleneck
- Audit-trail is in-built to ensure transparency in the document processing. This feature encourages employees to complete their tasks in a timely manner
- Integration with ERP using various tools, such as ODBC or XML
- Embedded Business Intelligence capability (statistics and graphics)
- Management of the complete document lifecycle
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s defined processes
- Real time monitoring of business processes and reporting of relevant key indicators
- Quick ROI (Return on Investment) and minimal TCO (Total Cost of Ownership) since maintenance of systems is done at high level thanks to Rapid Application Development (RAD) technology used to customize and deploy the solutions
EIS is the sole Intermec Premier Sales Partner and Intermec Global Service Partner in the Indian Ocean region, providing mobile computing solutions based on Intermec products and services.
For more than 40 years, Intermec has developed and delivered best-in-class versatile mobile computing solutions.
More than 70% of Fortune 1000 companies put their trust into Intermec to improve their supply chain efficiency.
Our collaborative and integrated approach ensures a complete and seamless implementation whether the customer needs Intermec Gen2 RFID, bar code systems, rugged computers or a Cisco WLAN infrastructure.
Functionalities offered include:
- Field Service Operations
- Works order management
- Dispatch Operations
- Route Optimizing and Tracking
- Inventory Asset Optimization
- Resource Optimization
- Warehouse Operations